Pranayama is powerful breathing technique that ensures healthy body and calm mind. Regular practice of various types of pranayama improves breathing pattern, purifies blood, boosts resistance power and gives physical strength.
There are over 50 particular Pranayama techniques and forms, these include:
• Anuloma pranayama- Alternate Nostril Breathing, a.k.a. ‘Nadi Shodhana Pranayama’
• Ujjayi Pranayama — aka “Ocean Breath”
• Bhastrika Pranayama — “Bellows Breath” — Long and deep diaphragmatic breathing
• Kumbhaka Pranayama — “Breath retention”
• Viloma Pranayamaa — “the air is inhaled and exhaled with pauses”
• Udgeeth Pranayama — “Chanting Pranayam” — often done with the chanting of the Om mantra.
• Kapalabhati pranayam — “Skull shining breath”
• Shitali Pranayama — “Cooling breath” — Breathing is done through the mouth with the tongue extended
• Shitkari Pranayama
• Surya Bhedana Pranayama & Chandra Bhedana Pranayama — Single nostril breathing, right nostril is associated with the Sun (Surya) and left nostril with the moon.
• Sama Vritti Pranayama — “Equal Breathing”
• Agnisar Pranayamaa — focuses on the Navel region/Stomach
• Bhramari Pranayama — “Bee Breath” — The yogin makes a humming sound while breathing
• Agni-Prasana — “Breath of Fire”
Benefits of Pranayam :
The person who does these exercises daily and regularly can attain following benefits which are briefly described as under:
• All the three Doshas (Humors) — Vata , pitta and Kapha get adjusted in proper proportion and abnormalities in them are removed.
• Digestive system improves and diseases pertaining to digestive organs are cured.
• Diseases pertaining to lungs, heart and brain are also cured.
• Obesity, Diabetes, Cholesterol, Constipation, Flatulence, Acidity, Respiratory troubles, Allergy, Migraine, High blood pressure, diseases pertaining to kidneys, sexual disorders of males and females etc. are also cured.
• Resistance against diseases is stepped up. Immunity develops.
• Hereditary diseases like diabetes and heart disease are can be avoided.
• Falling of hair or its premature graying, appearance of wrinkles on face or other parts of the body at young age, diminution of eye sight, forgetfulness, etc. are relieved and process of aging is retarded.
• Face becomes bright, luminous and calm.
Now, Download Yog Sadhana App on your Android Smartphone :- http://bit.ly/Yog-Sadhana-App